Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jubo
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

RE: What?

Uhm... did I miss something? Who is insulting you here...?!?
Jubo
Level 9
Message 12 of 16

Message received:

Please don't think your being an IT consultant in Netherland makes you smarter than a computer geek in America. And why should I go read your bleeping computer dot com? Or go to Live.com, bla-bla-blah? Get a life, okay? Don't be reply a thread you dunno if you're telling a geek what he should do!
----------------------------------
This email was sent by Karl Flint

Let's close this thread...

Jubo was only trying to help and it wasn't totally clear that the problem had, in fact, been solved.

Moved to the Solved area.
Jubo
Level 9
Message 14 of 16

No need to apologize, Peter... really no need to...
Highlighted

what kind of McAfee maniac are you?

The question I should ask to the original poster is what version of McAfee antivirus he has, i.e., XP, W2K, or Vista, and if XP what service pack. You don't try to offer advise when you don't even know what he has. And even if I have the most current Windows updates and Windows XP SP3 I am not immune to viruses. You don't tell to the American geek to call support.live.com and do his Windows update, bla-bla-blah... Or read bleeping computer dot com. Of course I'll go research it to the Internet I'm not familiar with the problem.

Sometimes it's easier to just fresh install Windows if it can't even boot by first accessing the hard drive with Linux Live CD to copy the contents of the local drive to the share drive or NAS.

We have several Windows XP SP3 desktop in my domain. The McAfee Anti-virus 8.5i Enterprise with McAfee Anti-spyware module is sufficient enough but it will not remove the remnants of some trojans dormant in your system like trojans vundo will keep coming back. I turned off system restore on all drives of all the desktops and laptops so that the trojan will not re-populate itself. Some trojans will re-enable the system restore. The Malware's anti-malware is a good that can co-exist the McAfee but it's not free.

RE: what kind of McAfee maniac are you?

Moved to the original thread, which is now closed. Please let the subject drop. I believe that there is a misunderstanding here, possibly because of language differences and I suggest that you let it go at that.

Do not interrupt other peoples' threads by answering them with something that has nothing to do with their issue.

Board Terms Of Service

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community