cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drt12
Level 7

My FTP file was quarantined

After a full scan, one file was quarantined. The trouble however, that is my FTP file and it contains all the passwords I need to log on to various sites I managed. I want to restore it, but it says, the threat is Artemis! 1A0B228AE5B2.

Is this a real threat?

I have been using this program for a long time. Any suggestion on what to do? What is the actual threat if I restore the file?

Thanks,

Aris/

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: My FTP file was quarantined

Moved to Artemis Discussions.   You would have to temporarily disable the anti-virus long enough to restore the file and submit it to McAfee.

The process is outlined here:  http://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
drt12
Level 7

As always, thanks Peter for your quick response. Yesterday as soon as I found it I tried to send the file but got the error message that the file was too large. I will go to the link you gave in the other posting and work from there. For the time being, even it's a little bit inconvenient that I can't use my Laptop, I still have a copy of this FTP program in my PC.

Last night I was also thinking to delete and reinstall a new FTP program, but I will see if I have time tonight to send it to the lab and let them analyse it.

Aris/

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You could always simply email them asking for a response with the header "False" (minus the "") and thr Artemis detection ID number.

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Marking as assumed answered due to age of post

0 Kudos