Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDuhn
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

My Computer Online Scan Virus

I've got this virus or malware that opens internet explorer and starts a "virus scan".  I ran McAffee virus scan and it did not detect anything what should i do now?

3 Replies

Re: My Computer Online Scan Virus

Try running McAfee Stinger - special tool for handling fake anti-malware programs.

You can download the FakeAlert Stinger from the following location:

http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/fakealertstinger.exe

An article is available at http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100893 that discusses this tool as well as instructions for use.

Hope that helps,

Irene

Sorry i have written in portuguese.

I had a similar problem yesterday, but did not do the operation and closed the browser. I think the virus has not arrived to settle, but even so, I scan with my anti virus (McAfee Internet Security 2010) and did not show any problem. In reading your response, I did dowload stinger and did the scan. As a result appeared "number the clean files: 118778. I was in doubt whether they were the files that the stinger cleared or were the files that were already clean. Thanks

Message was edited by: pmarques on 4/2/10 6:50:43 AM CDT
Highlighted

This number refers to the files on your computer that Stinger scanned and decided they are already clean.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community