Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Musical Virus

In some of the office's PCs, just apeared a musical Virus. It start to play diferents songs from who knows. When i tried to look for it, all the antivirus tools was closed - like hickjack this, virustotal, etc -.

Making the diference, again, McAfee do not detect it. Anybody knows what is the name or what is the file of this virus, to prevent the infection in other machines? please.

Quique

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Musical Virus

Malware playing music is something that is very rare, and usually when someone thinks it is a virus causing the music to play there is usually something else at work.

To provide the best assistance, can you tell us what version of McAfee VirusScan you are running and what DAT files are installed.  Also, have you run a full system scan on the computers seeing the issue?  Does the music continue until you restart the systems?  And does it come back?

A couple of things that you can look at:

1.  If you have no Internet Explore sessions open, does iexplore.exe still show up in Task Manager?  If it does, does the music stop if you stop the iexplore.exe process?

2.  If you mute the speakers, do you still hear sound coming from them?  Sounds strange but there has been cases where harmonics from something else (radios, etc) are picked up by PC speakers.  Usually only occurs with older unshielded speakers

3.  Check your Startup (Start -> Programs -> Startup) and see if there are any files launching from there.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

The virus was located as the winhelp32.exe file, locate this file and send it to mcafee.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

I have the same problem. Music and bits of ads come on at different times. I delete iexplore.exe and the sounds stop but will start up again in 10-15 minutes along with another iexplore.exe file. There is nothing in start-up that seems to activate this. If I mute sounds,no sounds come out. I have run Mcafee's full scan and malwarebyte's full scan without finding anything.

Jack

This is also what I look for in mobile music and tonos gratis. They are fun and engaging for everyone.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community