Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Multiple Trojans cannot be removed..and more

I'm stumped.

McAfee this morning found 10 or so trojans and was only able to quarintine and/or remove two.

Last week I had a trojan and was instructed by McAfee to uninstall then reinstall my McAfee program, which I did and it repaired my problem. So today I uninstalled it again...but cannot get the McAfee website to load now .(I called a friend and they could get it no problem, so the issue is my computer). ...and I use the downloaded version so have no disk. So I now have NO protection at all.

Before I uninstalled McAfee I did write down a few of the things it said (but not all. duh)
proper.exe
winter.exe
porkaa.exe
e (that's all it said: e )
McAfee popped up saying both porkaa and e were requesting access to the internet. I blocked access to porkaa no prob...but when I blocked e the screen went blue and read
"dump to disk1
dump to disk 2"
I cut the power and rebooted.

the following are all applications that were created this morning:
wesre
wetre
winter
xlavba8
proper
porkaa
levro
koos
autos
infos
0x57

Had someone go to the McAfee site and email me the DMSetup.exe file. But when I try to run it it says "The Download Manager is unable to access the internet. Connect to the internet then click "retry" to continue. But I AM connected.

-the McAfee program had indicated the computer was protected this morning.
-I can use the internet(IE and Netscape) and email (OE) and access most websites.
-I have not tried opening other programs.
-I cannot find/access the computer 'Control Panel'. I did a search and it's not even showing up doing that.
-I cannot get McAfee's website to load, says "The page cannot be displayed" thing.
- I cannot get Mirosoft's website to load ...I either get redirected to
a website called gizzaz (or something like that) or get "The page cannot be displayed".
-when I reboot a warning box pops up saying my user/password are incorrect and asks for them to be retyped. I just close it and the computer boots up.
-get multiple pop ups saying the registry (or something) needs fixing and do I want to download the fix...no indication of who it's from. I just close it/them.
-running Windows2000
3 Replies
Highlighted
Grif
Level 10
Message 2 of 4

RE: Multiple Trojans cannot be removed..and more

Start with this:

Please download both of the free antispyware tools from the links below.. Download to your desktop if you can. Install them, then update them. After that, restart the computer into Safe Mode and run a full system scan with both tools.. (It will take a little while to run full system scans with both tools, but it's necessary.) If you can't download them from the internet using your infected computer, then use a friend or family member's machine to download the programs and burn them to a CD. You can then transfer the programs to your computer and install them from the CD.

Antispyware Removal Tool 1

Antispyware Removal Tool 2

Let us know the names of the types of trojans and spyware that are detected.

[url= http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6121_102-0.html?forumID=45&threadID=22053&messageID=274875]How To Start In 'Safe Mode'[/url]

Hope this helps and let us know more.,

Grif
caseyc
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying Grif. Just wanted to let you know that I'm getting help on an another forum....I really appreciate the time people like you put into helping us 'infected' out and don't want to take up the resources of more then one!
Wish me luck!...and if we can't get it cleared up over there I'll be back here looking for your help ( :
Thank you again.
Casey
Grif
Level 10
Message 4 of 4

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Grif

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community