cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

Mcafee keeps deleting my cycling simulator installer BKOOL and it's not a malware!

Jump to solution

Team,

I have a well known cycling simulator anytime I'm trying to install the simulator sofware in my computer, I download the installer and macfee keep deleting it and I can't complete my installation! This is not a malware.

The simulator can be downloaded here, and the name of the file is bkool.exe. 

https://www.bkool.com/en/apps

Appreciate if you can remove from your malware list in Mcafee endpoint security 10.5.5.5067

Thanks,

Franu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 14

Re: Mcafee keeps deleting my cycling simulator installer BKOOL and it's not a malware!

Jump to solution

Hi @Franu,

No problem! I have just been responded with a Negative Extra DAT file that should help you suppress the detection. and globally this Suppression/correction will reflect in 2 to 3 business days.

If you are comfortable in following the below KBA, then you can apply the attached DAT file that should resolve the issue for you instantly.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.5.0-threat-prevention-product-guide-epolicy-orch...

Please let me know if this helped in resolving the issue!

*Note: Please extract the zip file to find the EXTRA DAT file.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 14

Re: Mcafee keeps deleting my cycling simulator installer BKOOL and it's not a malware!

Jump to solution

Hi @Franu,

Thank you for writing here. Can you please help us with more information on the detection? May I request you to kindly please help us with the file hash (MD5) or a copy of the detection event that was generated so that we can check what exactly caused the detection and removal?

Alternatively, Support ticket can be a god idea if this was a genuine False Positive Detection.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Please find attached screenshot with alerts from Macfee when downloading bkool.exe from https://www.bkool.com/en/apps. Can get the MD5 of the file as it gets delated straight away from Macfee, I even try to donwload with different name but obviously it didint work :).

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello @Franu ,

Thank you for your query. 

Request you to please submit the hash value of the subjected tool.  (MD5 Value)

This looks like a false detection.

You can create a support ticket for False Detection and get the file suppressed accordingly. 

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Amit N
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

Please find attached screenshot with alerts from Macfee when downloading bkool.exe from https://www.bkool.com/en/apps. Can get the MD5 of the file as it gets delated straight away from Macfee, I even try to donwload with different name but obviously it didint work :).

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello @Franu ,

Thank you for the response!

It looks like to be a false detection to me.

I would request you to submit the file to McAfee Labs for suppressing it or create a support ticket for the same.

Below is the reference article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68030

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Amit N
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @Franu,

Thank you for helping us with the screenshot. I have obtained  the hash of the file.

MD5: 4f16cf9f18ff7428afc2a8b225854b9d

Please refer this Community Post link and create a Service Request with us along with the Hash details. Once it is created, please ping me the same and I can take this further for you.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Level 8
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Created SR as requested:

SR#: 484570-2740417988.

Thanks,

Franu

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @Franu,

I am afraid that SR# does not really help us here. Are you sure you contacted the Enterprise Support?

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/home/contact-us.html

Also, Let me check if I can escalate the issue without a SR making an exception and get back to you on the same.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @Franu,

Can you please DM me your Grant# for your license?

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community