cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polly.esplen
Level 7

Mcafee has detected an infected item in a shared folder but doesn't say which one Artemis!2E49EE2D7CA

The message instructs me to allow full access to the shared folder and then scan but doesn't tell me which folder.

any ideas?

11 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Mcafee has detected an infected item in a shared folder but doesn't say which one Artemis!2E49EE2D7CA

I am afraid I am incapable of giving you an answer on this one? Quite possibly a fellow Moderator can assist.

I will add, please refrain from posting your Email Address publically, for your own privacy and security.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
polly.esplen
Level 7

Re: Mcafee has detected an infected item in a shared folder but doesn't say which one Artemis!2E49EE2D7CA

Thanks, I didn't mean to post my email address am not sure where I did!

I have just logged onto another user on this computer and McAfee came back saying it had found and detected the Trojan.  I had strange things happen to that account the other day and ran a full scan which took hours but didn't pick anything up.  It only finished yesterday lunchtime so am just hoping that whatever this was caught in time not to do any damage.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Then in that case, Open your McAfee UI,Navigation,Quarantined and Trusted Items/Quarantined Items/Select/Delete.

Then I would recommend running the Latest McAfee Stinger (Read How to use), followed by McAfee Getsusp and please enter your email address under preferences, before scanning. Follow up by running Malwarebytes (Free) Version only.

These (Free) Superb Tools can be found in the following Link;

You may wish to run the latest MVT to check your Protection for issues. It scans your installation and core components for issues, and attempts to resolve them.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

In addition,should your McAfee Protection has become corrupted, you can follow the Guidelines/Instructions in this link;

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

Just in case you feel you need to contact Technical Support

Please post back your results

All the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

@ polly.esplen,

Checking back to see if your problems/issues have been resolved? Or if you needed further assistance? If by chance they were, could you kindly inform us of such so as we can consider this thread answered.? Or should they still exist, feel free to post back for assistance.

All the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

Edit: This would be more appropriate being moved to Security Awareness/Artemis!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
polly.esplen
Level 7

Thanks catdaddy

I ran all the tools that you suggested which was a really helpful piece of advice.  In the end I deleted my old user account just to be sure.

I did send a report using getsusp.

Thank you for the advice and apologies for not getting back earlier.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved this all to Artemis section as a better spot for it.

Moderator.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you ...As I seen that also, but was so late neglected to mention. I now see that I indeed did....

Thanks again, Ex_Brit

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you for your response back. So can we consider your issues Resolved/Answered? Did you ever receive back any correspondence from your submission to McAfee Labs? You should have had a Work Item ID #.

All the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

In most of the case it normally happens, that infection isn't  removed properly by any particular tool. These type of infections are mostly hidden and need a better and effective tool that can completely remove the related infection from any complexity. You will get the solution by clicking on to this link-

Possibly risky link removed by Moderator

0 Kudos