cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tocame
Level 7

Mcafee detected a false positive artemis trojan with a safe program

Hello,

Am having problem with Mcafee detecting a safe program, euox.exe, as having a trojan Artemis!A3DD751E5F0B in it and it removed the program every time i try to go use it.  The program is safe and downloaded from reputable site (www.easyuo.com).  How can I bypass this because I need to use the program and every time I do, Mcafee just deletes it.  Is there a whitelist in Mcafee that allows me to add this program?  It's every annoying, please help!  Thanks.

P.S.  The program is attached below for inspection and sorry, I couldn't attach the password because the program is already in zip form when download and Mcafee deletes the program whenever I try to unzip.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
tocame
Level 7

Re: Mcafee detected a false positive artemis trojan with a safe program

Just some more information, I have been using this program for years without Mcafee detecting it as a trojan.  Only with recent Mcafee update and a newer version of this program did Mcafee started to deleting it.  It's a safe program so please tell me how to bypass it as I need to use it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
tocame
Level 7

I have also put the submission to the avertlabs email and haven't receive a resolution yet, just an automated repsonse.  That's why am posting in here to hopefully see if anyone from Mcafee can resolve this.  Any help would be great because it's driving me nuts that I can't use the program I've been using for years, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Twan,

I have requested an update on your submission to our labs team .   I shall update this thread upon receipt of any info on the same.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Hi,

This has been forwarded over the GTI research team. I'll let yo uknow as soon as we have a response.

Sam

0 Kudos
tocame
Level 7

Thanks @dinz and @samswift, the problem has been resolved!

0 Kudos
halcyony2k
Level 7

Mcafee is now detecting the same false positive with the updated version of EUOX.EXE. Build 210, which is just an updated version of the program, it is being deleted from my computer and even my flash drive when I loaded it. How do I make it stop?

Message was edited by: halcyony2k on 2/14/12 4:06:35 PM CST
0 Kudos
tocame
Level 7

I've already sent in the sample to the lab, hopefully they get it fixed permanently this time.  Quite annoying to have to do this every update for euox.exe

0 Kudos
GWE
Level 7

I git Artemis!28FCBE96045E as a trojan.  Can someone explain what Artmis! exactly is?  I have seen it before with different numbers after the Artemis! name.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

We could not reproduce a detection on euox.exe. Artemis!ABA6DCCC57 on euox.exe should no longer occur.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos