cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee cant remove adware?

I got a notice the other day that something I installed had adware, and I immediately uninstalled the program, but the adware remained, originally the program was called {a3f28269-ad17-41a8-b032-3e0313ef8979}Gw64  but I had renamed it by mistake to t.  It found the program again on another scan, it says it can't remove the program.  I can't find any resources provided by Mcafee to solve the problem, and I found online resources, but all include installing some more software off third party softwares which I am not comfortable with doing unless recommended by someone with Mcafee.  I read online the adware is minimally invasive, either way I don't feel comfortable having it on my PC.  I'd appreciate anything that would help!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mcafee cant remove adware?

​,

Moved from Support Forums to Home User Assistance >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

​,

I suggest that you first run the latest Getsusp Tool to add the detection to the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. The actual tool can be obtained from HERE.

Then I would follow up with running the latest Stinger Stinger | McAfee Free Tools

Read How to Use Stinger

For a second opinion On Demand Scan, I recommend running the Malwarebytes (Free) Anti-Malware application,followed by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner. Both can be obtained here;

I might add that us as Moderators frequently scan our system with all of the recommended Applications.

Please apprise us of your results...

Thank you,

Cd

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Just a follow-up, I was wondering if you indeed resolved your issues?

Thank you

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Working on your suggestion currently, I've been busy at work so I apologies for the delay, I appreciate your suggestion!

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Ahhhh, I see   Kindly inform us if you need further assistance, or if the suggestions resolve your issue.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Could you kindly apprise us if you need further assistance? If not we can only assume this thread to be answered.

Thank You

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer