Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobby02
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

Mcafee and relationship with its users/consumers

Jump to solution

So I have just recently began to use Mcafee again, and I really appreciate a lot of things with Mcafee that are "new" /and different since my last using Mcafee security products. Also, so far customer support has been very dedicated and tried to help me.

I used another product previously and I was just greatly disappointed with there response to my security needs, in whats been a troubling endeavor. I have a problem that must be dealt with and im posting about it here just following the portals prompts to post, hope this is the right place and i'll make a long story short.

I just want to know how serious is Mcafee about its security products and the security related problems users face in an online world? For instance , a Mcafee customer being hacked. I dont know anything about hacking and its taken me months only to understand that someones sitting there relentlessly hacking me with remote access tools, or "ratting" me as they say. Its put me through hell and no-one has helped me or really even tried until about two days ago when Mcafee tech support tried. I know nothing about hacking and have lost two computers, one of which I honestly was in love with, but I got rid of them because I didnt know they could be salvaged; like I said my previous security software provider proved worthless and even insulting when trouble hit me. Ive had the same hacker, same method of attack, same hack, relentlessly seriously stalking me and destroying everything available in cyber-world which is "everything" to a hacker going unchecked.

Im on my third laptop now, and its file system integrity/operating system or whatever has been gutted, crippled, destroyed, corrupted basically in a fashion that renders me defenseless.

It has been almost exactly 6 entire months now I have dealt with this cyber-stalker destroying me operating systems, hacking my family members even, going through my emails, hacking my online pharmacy account. I mean.....

I need someone that will help.

If Mcafee support needs to gain remote access and download my firewall logs/ and or whatever needs to be done will Mcafee please do this? I am being targeted by a crazy person and it cant be overlooked anymore this has to be dealt with.

Looking for advice/ assistance as soon as possible please, thanks.

Bobby W.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Mcafee and relationship with its users/consumers

Jump to solution

​,

I would of course immediately change my Username and passwords. Do you have your Auto Renewal Settings turned on?  Please read;

Getting Virus Removal on my PC
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
13 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

​,

I would of course immediately change my Username and passwords. Do you have your Auto Renewal Settings turned on?  Please read;

Getting Virus Removal on my PC
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bobby02
Level 7
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response and the doc, i'll read it now.

Unfortunately no I havent changed my passwords etc yet because the infection/ hack are still present. Tech support helped me, did somethings the hacker obviously did not like though and afterwords my laptop was crashed forcing me to reset. same repetitive behavior this person has done periodically; I emailed my police dpt one time and was immediately locked out of my own pc.

So, I dont have auto renew on my account yet, and I dont really know a lot about Mcafee except that they have already treated me very well and I want to understand what to do.

bobby02
Level 7
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

I see, thank you for this. I will have to speak with customer support about my situation and hopefully make a commitment. I have had a rough time; thanks for assisting me/my concerns!

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

You can always go to your account before calling and turn your renewal settings on. Then of course 30 days before your expiry date,turn them back off to keep from getting charged normal price. As you can always call Customer service and ask if they have a *Promotional* price for a subscription when renewing.

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

Regarding this alleged hacking of your machine I would read through this document carefully: 

Run AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Free (to keep it free simply do NOT accept the trial offer) listed under "Free 3rd Party Tools".

If you suspect the hack is still active after all that then scroll down to the bottom of the document and follow the Farbar suggestions.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

BTW only enlist the support of McAfee Support if you are virus-free and need support for help with a technical or account problems, unless you want their paid services.

But there is always a free way of obtaining help in that regard, that's why I posted the link in my by previous post.

These forums are for peer-to-peer product help only.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

So you are saying that you have no active *Retail* subscription?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

I suggest moving this to Home User Assistance under Malware Discussions as it's really about that.

User has beta McAfee software so any software problems will be dealt with in the beta forums.

Regular Technical and Customer Support contacts are not valid in this case.

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Yes I was thinking that myself.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer