cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee total protection vs McAfee security scan plus

I have both McAfee Total Protection vs McAfee Security Scan Plus. on my computer.          Is this a conflict?

Is this a conflict?

Thanks

DP

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee total protection vs McAfee security scan plus

You can safely (Uninstall) MSS+ through your Control Panel. Evidently you installed it with another program via being "Bundled". Most likely scenarios being when updating Adobe Flash Player. There are other programs offered similarly as well, Ask Tool-Bar, Norton Safe Search, etc.

Just remember in the future to untick the (Optional) offers. McAfee Security Scan Plus has no (Protection Capabilities).

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee total protection vs McAfee security scan plus

dpforumdog wrote:

I have both McAfee Total Protection vs McAfee Security Scan Plus. on my computer.          Is this a conflict?

Is this a conflict?

Thanks

DP

Not really but Security Scan Plus is totally unnecessary and should be uninstalled in the normal manner via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

It merely scans and tells you if security is compromised and then would suggest a McAfee product.  It comes usually as an optional download with Adobe products so always watch out for that box that can be unchecked whenever you are installing anything.  3rd party optional software is quite common now as a means of keeping costs down by using cross-advertising.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/14 3:02:08 EDT PM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community