cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee products not removing Autorun viruses/worms

McAfee products are not detecting removing Autorun viruses/worms loaded on USB pendrives. As a result multiple systems getting corrupted even after loading mcafee with latest updates.
I have also submitted some files to webimmune.net but that also does not detect virus in the files. I am sure that those files contain viruses because:
1. Kaspersky detects and removes those files due to virus.
2. After deletion of those files, the computer works normally.

Now Mcafee team will try to find holes in my problem such that they prove that what I am saying is wrong.
Kindly advise.
1 Reply
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAfee products not removing Autorun viruses/worms

1. Have you any names for these infections?

2. What version(s) of McAfee protection are you using?

3. What operating system(s) and service pack(s) are these machines using and are they up to date with Microsoft?

4. No anti-virus application is perfect. Always carry some extra anti-spyware tools and keep them updated, just in case. We have a list of free ones here.

Scan using the free version of this tool: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Or this one: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

With the USB drive inserted, of course.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community