Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sculd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee page is gone

Greetings,

I have Windows XP HE. V 2002 Service pack 2. This is the first McAfee Program I have owned. I use qwest phone line for service in the US

History/Problem: I loaded McAfee 6 in one. 4/1/08 Ran an update and check for viruses. None! A few days later I check my emails on Yahoo. The page came up, but my Email was blank. When I do a search BLANK. When I access McAfee "M" at the bottom of the Right hand corner. BLANK Just McAfee name shows. When I go to delect McAfee Security Center BLANK If I reload from the disk. BLANK. When I go to Tech Support; Coustmer service or Virius Removel They will not open "FREE scan" Scan now will not open.

I will have to use my wife's computer to contact you.
Labels (2)
6 Replies

RE: McAfee page is gone

Check if the Content Advisor option is enabled. If so, disable it.

You can find this option in Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> tab Content.
Highlighted
sculd
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Blank page

BastiaanR

Thank you for your responce. It did not work. Thanks again for your throughts
Jubo
Level 9
Message 4 of 7

RE: Blank page

Why are you posting in the "Virus Discussions & Removal Assistance" forum? You suspect any virus/malware on this computer?

Can you tell us what McAfee software you do have installed? If you have an icon near the PC clock like:

• , then launch the Security Center:

Click on the "View Details" link and in the next window you see all the McAfee programs installed. Clicking on each of them will give you the exact version numbers. Inlude the version # of the VirusScan Scan Engine and DAT file.
Have you tried to do an online scan as in here to see if the computer is free of any virus/malware?

Also, check if your version of Windows is up-to-date at: Windows Update. Use the "Custom" button because that way you do not only see the "Critical" updates, nyt also the "Optional" updates/patches. I would suggest you install them all if you see anything there.

It might help if you do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the McAfee software as described in thes steps:

1. uninstall all McAfee programs through "add/Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel", incl. Security Center.
  2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC....
    This will remove all Mcafee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2 or W2K Pro SP4 to use this tool)
  3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data". In Vista: "C:\Program Data\McAfee. You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
  4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products again.
Reinstall your McAfee Products
If you are McAfee direct customer, go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and log in to download your McAfee products.

If you received your McAfee products from your service provider, please use the list below to download your software.
sculd
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

McAfee page is gone

Jubo,

I have no Idea what my problem is with McAfee. I have the M near the clock. When I click on it the outside frame of McAfee is there with the name "McAfee Securitycenter" name is showing, BUT that is all. The rest of it is blank.
I can not down load the FREE V. Scan.
I can not deleate the McAfee.
I can not reload the McAfee from the CD. It to is now blank.
I can not do a search on my computer. The dog is the only thing that shows up. I was not sure what site to ask my questions.
I was not going to pay $3.00 a min. 10 min. would equal what I paid for the software. BUT I do not dare go on line for any length of time.
I can not read this Email From my Computer. It is blank as well.

Could I have block McAfee from accessing my computer some how?

I put the McAfee on a 5 year old Del. The McAfee was bought on the 28th of March 08 It says 6 in 1 on the box.

My Windows is updated. I am using XP with pack 2

Try this

Hi,
sculd

Try this ans if its not working get to chat support line

Solution
Download and run IERegFix.bat

1. Download IERegFix.bat from the link below, and save it to your desktop.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat

2. Locate IERegFix.bat on your desktop and double-click to launch.
3. Once launched, you will be presented with press any key to continue??? To execute, press any key on your keyboard.

Note: This may take several minutes to complete.

4. When it is finished, you will see Action complete. Press any key to close. Please press any key on your keyboard to close the IERegFix.bat.
5. Open McAfee SecurityCenter to see if the problems still persists.
sculd
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

problem fixed

Thank you,

The repair link you gave me work. I had to get an off the wall email address that could read your email. I was not able to read from Yahoo. I then click on the link and made the repair.

Thank you

sculd

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community