cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megan123
Level 7

McAfee keeps deleting my exe when NOT a trojan!!!!!

Jump to solution

All of a sudden McAffee has started deleting my Microsoft Agent Scripting Helper executeable (mash.exe) and calling it a trojan

Artemis!A01E6DAA64E1 (Trojan), Artemis!A01E6DAA64E1 (Trojan)

It is NOT a trojan - AND I need to be using it RIGHT NOW!!! to get my work done

how can I stop this??? IMMEDiATELY!

thanks, Megan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pammirab
Level 11

Re: McAfee keeps deleting my exe when NOT a trojan!!!!!

Jump to solution

Hello Megan,

Thanks for your report. This detection has been suppressed in our Artemis database the file is no longer detected.

Apologize for any inconvenience.

If you are still getting a detection, please submit a copy of the file for further investigation as per instructions posted by Peter (above).

Best Regards,

Patty

0 Kudos
15 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Sorry it's happening but until someone from that department spots this I suggest you email the labs disputing the finding at virus_research@avertlabs.com   Put following as the header False Artemis!A01E6DAA64E1

There's also this document that spells out other steps to try:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/08/10 7:33:49 EDT PM
0 Kudos
megan123
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK but the thing that really REALLY bugs me is that the program would delete something from my computer without my permission - it should ask me what I want done with it e.g. ignore/put on a safe list, quarentine, or delete - whatever happened to the idea of "Keep the User in control" ???? megan

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I agree that it should ask first and we have requested more user control to be introduced on the home product as already exists in the commercial product.  Whether or not they take notice we shall have to wait and see.

0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Jump to solution

Please update this thread with your submission Id.

0 Kudos
istoryahe
Level 7

Jump to solution

McAfee have just recently starting to delete my GE.exe as it says its a trojan. Its NOT!!!!. i've been playing this game for 3 years. Why suddenly start to delete it. Its a real pain the backside having to re-install every week just to play the game.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

This is a very old thread, good job I was still subscribed to it.  The link in my post above gives you the steps to take.

Or here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
istoryahe
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a very old thread, good job I was still subscribed to it.  The link in my post above gives you the steps to take.

Or here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

GE stands for the Korean online RPG called Granado Espada. I play the English version from Singapore, but i looked on goolge about ge.exe and i do find IT is also known as a virus, as well as 119 differant others. So can someone please sort this Granado Espada thing out to your data base please.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Did you follow the steps outlind in thyat link and submit it?

0 Kudos
istoryahe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry mate. I didnt think that was directed for me. Anyhow i just follwed your detailed description but was told its an error as the file is too large to send to McAfee

0 Kudos