cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhelev81
Level 7

McAfee is deleting not a virus Private file, Game sodtware updater

Prease check the file and remove it for your DB because this is just updater for a private anti-cheat gameing software ... is not virus or worm or whatsoever ... pls fix this as soon as you can.

Thank you in advance

file :

hxxp://account8.hit.bg/GAC%20Anti-Cheat.exe

virus total tool :

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/63d562693367fbd437f703b0e10f12a507e93d10c8ec07dbb9f3edc7d974c8ac-...

pls rechek the file and remove it from the db

Message was edited by: Samantha Price - amended link as this is a potential sample.  on 1/16/10 8:01:42 PM CST
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee is deleting not a virus Private file, Game sodtware updater

Moved to Artemis Discussion.  You should submit the file to McAfree.  You will have to temporarily disable VirusScan first.

This thread explains:  http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

0 Kudos
zhelev81
Level 7

I do not use your software and i cannot send you the file trough it but it is detecting our updater like a virus.

Prease check the file and remove it for your DB because this is just updater for a private anti-cheat gameing software ... is not virus or worm or whatsoever ... pls fix this as soon as you can.

Thank you in advance

ffile attached:

Message was edited by: Samantha Price - removing attachment as this is a potential sample on 1/16/10 8:02:34 PM CST
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

This is a forum unconnected with that department

You have to submit it as per:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

or

https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

or

Email file to: virus_research@avertlabs.com

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

Also see *Unofficial* Increase In Size Of Submissions To Threat Center

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Hello,

Please password protect the zip file with a password of 'infected' and e-mail it to virus_research@avertlabs.com with the word FALSE in the subject line.

We'll investigate the file and make the necessary changes should we determine this is a false positive detection.

Once you have sent the e-mail please let me know which e-mail address you sent it from and I'll follow it up for you.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
zhelev81
Level 7

i did that it returns my email all the time :

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   
      Sent:    17.1.2010 01:42

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'virus_research@avertlabs.com' on 17.1.2010 01:42
            552 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. j9sm11845520mue.36

can you pls do it for me ... ?

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

How big is the zipped attachment? If it's larger than 3mb, or does not have the password on it then it won't go through the automated system.

I did notice you had a double file extension on the file I removed form this thread - it was .exe.zip - which could also account for the bounce back.

Can you check all of the above and let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
zhelev81
Level 7

it;'s a zip is not double ... the site is doing this when i put it here ... i dont zip files for first time

it's 357 kb and i do everything right so can you pls get the file from the attachemt and try to send it for me ?

tnx a lot for your help

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

I can't forward the file on for you - for obvious reasons we have completely separate networks for handling files which are potentially malware, and until the file has been analysed and determined clean by a researcher we have to treat it as such.

If you send a mail with a link to the file to the same e-mail address with the word FALSE in the subject line I'll ensure it's looked at.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
zhelev81
Level 7

done

0 Kudos