Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcat2014
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee has detected a virus on my computer? Artemis!71BB26E42F15

It says that it's in C:\Users\Kat\AppData\Local\Temp\is159367500\uninstall.exe

After the full scan was performed, it gave me the option to restart so that it can "remove" the virus. But after I restarted and ran the scan again, the virus is still there. How do I get rid of it? I also have AVG installed on my computer, and that was just says it couldn't fix the problem. What can I do now?

6 Replies

Re: McAfee has detected a virus on my computer? Artemis!71BB26E42F15

Try clearing the temp files and scanning in safe mode. Also run some of the other programs mentioned here.

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Try malwarebytes  note do NOT install the free trial of the full version as it may clash with Mcafee.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/03/14 7:09:54 PM
kcat2014
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply. I've tried everything there is to try except for downloading a third party malware remover. System restore will not let me restore to the point when my computer didn't have the virus. McAfee says to restart the computer to fix it, but that doesn't work.

I also don't know what the virus is/does...

Will ask a tech to visit but can you try Malwarebytes as well ffrom above link

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

You mentioned that the infection is seemingly Bocking you from going back to a Restore Point, Have you tried running "Malwarebytes" (Free) in Safemode/w/Networking? In certain instances some infections may even prevent you from Downloading and installing Malwarebytes itself.

Should this be the case, scroll down the page Peacekeeper supplied you, and look for the "Chameleon" download. It will enable you to install Malwarebytes , bypassing the infection. Again it is imperative that you clean all "Unwanted or Suspicious" Add-ons, Extensions,Plug-ins from (all) Browsers...even the ones you do not use, (Before running any Anti-Malware Tool. Reset your personal settings as well, this will clean all Temporary Internet Files, Cache, etc.

I see that Tony has suggested the same...I will leave you in the Very Capable hands of PeaceKeeper.

One more thing if I may additionally suggest. Just in case, try running the Latest "Getsusp" Tool also. By doing this, it will detect any suspect files and submit it/them to the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. Remember to open "Preferences" and type in your Email address, before scanning.

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 3/9/14 6:29:24 AM CDT

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 3/9/14 6:34:05 AM CDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

The detection is said to be as the tech said

The file is part of MySearchDial

Please point this user to any of the 3rd party blogs detailing it's manual removal.

MySearchDial has their own removal FAQ:  http://www.mysearchdial.com/faq/

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community