cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oOchichOo
Level 7

McAfee detecting trojan in virus-free game!

Today McAfee started detecting one of my games (Around the World in 80 days-Yahoo! Games) as having the Artemis!6AE175564D20 trojan. This game has been working fine and for several months until today. Now it has been rendered useless because McAfee has discovered and removed the supposed trojan along with the game executable!

I have tried restoring the file but McAfee removes it instantly. Is there anything else I can do?

I have also sent the file to Avert for analysis and just received a message saying that "the file submitted does not appear to contain one of the 200,000 known threats in the AutoImmune database."

Can anyone help? I have paid for this game and would like to be able to play it... Thanks!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: McAfee detecting trojan in virus-free game!

See this sticky on Artemis detections and how to handle them: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=233662

To turn it off...

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)
Click Advanced (right)
Click Active Protection (left)
Turn it off at right.
0 Kudos
oOchichOo
Level 7

Thanks for your reply Peter. I've already read the sticky note and know how to turn off the active protection but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it. I guess the only thing for me to do is either wait until the database is updated and the game excluded from it or uninstall McAfee entirely and use another anti-virus...
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Right, I understand. You can always do what I suggest in that sticky - temporarily disable VirusScan long enough to report the item.
0 Kudos
gchenman
Level 7

Artemis issue with FS9 - Level D simulation LVLD.dll

:confused:
Dear McAfe team,
This is the second time in a forthnight that McAffe removes an FS9 dll so-called "infected" by Artemis 7BCE27C37459 - Location is FS9/Modules. This dll is absolutely necessary to run an add-on B767 plane in Microsoft FS9. Is there a fix foreseen and when ? - Last time the file infected was flt1chk4.dll and issue was fixed in 1 day
Regards,
George
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Artemis issue with FS9 - Level D simulation LVLD.dll

No point asking here as they don't read it. Follow the instructions as mentioned earlier or here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=233662
0 Kudos
oOchichOo
Level 7

I already did that so I guess I just have to wait for the file to be excluded from the database. Thanks Peter!
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome. Hopefully it will be soon.
0 Kudos
oOchichOo
Level 7

Problem solved!

I was finally able to solve the problem by directly contacting customer support at Playrix Entertainment (the company that developed the game). They were very efficient and had me download a slightly different version of the game (only the files are somewhat different, the game in itself is exactly the same). I was able to install it and McAfee no longer detects a trojan, problem fixed!

I was lucky the people at Playrix were so helpful, it's been a week since I mentioned the problem to McAfee customer support but I have yet to hear from them...
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Problem solved!

Thank goodness for that as we've had a rash of games being detected lately and the process of fixing it takes so long.

Anyway, good luck.
0 Kudos