cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramilcruz
Level 7

McAfee detect tojan in games

Hi, hope someone can help me solve this problem, I recently downloaded a game by Z8 Games called "crossfire" , when I launch the setup for the games mcafee detects a trojan and my game wont install properly.

How to go about this problem and solv this. Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee detect tojan in games

1 does it place the file in quarantine area if so highlight it and send it to Mcafee. That stirs them up to check it manually. (go to navigation and Quarantine and trusted items tab)

2.http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx That does work when you get a reply (automatic) reply asking for a manual check and why.

0 Kudos
ramilcruz
Level 7

I am not sure what file was detected as trojan, a message pops out and says a trojan was detected and was deleted automatically. I have no quarantined items in my Macafee to check what particular file was detected as trojan.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Now this starts to be complicated.

This issue so it apperas is common read

http://www.moddb.com/mods/crossfire/tutorials/if-your-av-detects-cf-as-a-virus

The anti cheat feature fires up the virus scanner.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 18/01/11 7:31:18 PM
0 Kudos
ramilcruz
Level 7

Hi,

i attached the file that was automatically removed by AV.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper File removed safer for all. I kept a copy on 19/01/11 7:35:39 PM
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Did you password it and send it to Mcafee? The file you attached is renamed and not an exe /dll file better to send to Mcafee as I mentioned.

0 Kudos
ramilcruz
Level 7

sorry wrong attachment. the file is a screenshot of the virus detected by Macafee.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Ok did you send it to mcafee from the quarantined area. Ie navigation then quarantined and trusted items etc?

If cannot disable real time scanning download and zip up file as instructed and email it to Virus_research@mcafee.com.

Reply to their return email saying you want a manual check.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Moving this out of Home & Home Office Help into Security Awareness.

The screenshot of the McAfee message makes it look as if this might be an Artemis question, so I've put the thread into Artemis Discussion.

This document on reporting possible Artemis false positives might be useful.

0 Kudos
mlvn02
Level 7

Tried to do the steps above but to no avail. I already sent an email to virus research but got a reply they cannot extract the file.I followed all the direction precisely on their email but still keeps on getting the same reply. I think that virus research is a joke.. I'm so frustrated that I cannot play the game and planning to remove the McAfee software.

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated I already post a screenshot of the file from this thread I started (https://community.mcafee.com/thread/32063).

If someone kind enough to try sending it to virus research would be greatly appreciated and thanks to Peacekeeper for the reply. Hope someone can help us with our issue.

0 Kudos