cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mastero67
Level 7

McAfee Detects Safe Programs As Trojan Artemis!250D41D8D18F

Now, I play a game called Garry's Mod and when it runs it runs under HL2.exe, well today as soon as I wanted to start GMod up, McAfee detected HL2.exe as a trojan. I have tried reinstalling the HL2.exe file but it cancels do to being a "Trojan" Now I don't know what to do because I really want to play this but can't. And I don't even have the full version of McAfee so I can't disable it.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
mastero67
Level 7

Re: McAfee Detects Safe Programs As Trojans

52cfbabe330b778f2fc5160566d01313.png

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: McAfee Detects Safe Programs As Trojans

Moved appropriately to Artemis Discussion for better assistance. It is not Uncommon for For gamers to experience this. Please try following these Guidelines/Instructions to help resolve your issues. 

Not certain as to what you meant, when you said you did not have the 'Full Version'?

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mastero67
Level 7

Re: McAfee Detects Safe Programs As Trojan Artemis!250D41D8D18F

What I mean is that McAfee is expired so i don't understand why it's still detecting things.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

That explains the reason for you saying such then. You could possibly try to still follow those guidelines to submit to McAfee Labs for clearance. However due to your subscription not being current/Active I can make no promises. I would advise either renewing your Mcafee (Which has Great Promotions going on at the present). Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

Or at least ensure you are protected, please note however that Having (2) Anti-Virus Applications on your system can leave you suceptable to further infection.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mastero67
Level 7

My main problem is that, I have tried deleting McAfee multiple times, but everytime I attempt to delete, anywhere from the Uninstall programs window to the going into the Program files and running the uninstall.exe, it never works.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Try running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp  Restart.

If you do not take advantage of the Great Offers I gave you a link to....All the Best.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Do you recall if the programme was the consumer/retail version, do you remember the name of the suite?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I neglected  to inform you that it is best to (Save) the (MCPR) to a Desktop Folder. Close all of your Apps/Browser/running programs then run the application, and restart.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you kindly confirm if your issues have been resolved? Which seemed to be you being incapable of removing your McAfee Software. Or do you need further assistance?

Thank you in Advance,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos