cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivi3451
Level 7

McAfee Deleting File Without Permission

I'm trying to download two programs that aren't trojens, but McAfee deletes them without permission. The website I got them off also explains why it's a false positive:

"These false readings occur, because of the way Pokesav was translated. You may recall that Pokesave was originally created by a Japanese programmer named COM. Traditionally, the original source code of a program is modified, when translations are performed. But, since COM does not wish to share his source code, the method used to translate Pokesav, is what mistakes most antiviruses into thinking that it is a false/ dangerous program."

http://pokecheats.net/pokesav/download.php

Many people I know also use this program, but McAfee deletes these files. How can I make it stop deleting these files?

Here's the pictures:

herp.png

derp.png

I do want to use these programs soon.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vinod_r2
Level 11

Re: McAfee Deleting File Without Permission

Please refer below articles..

KB66642: How to submit your company software or images to McAfee Labs to be considered for validation against McAfee DAT files, to avoid false positives

KB67411: How to submit a possible false or incorrectly classified sample file to McAfee Labs

KB67356: How to submit a McAfee Detection Dispute

Message was edited by: vinod_r2 on 5/6/13 3:43:43 AM IST
0 Kudos
vivi3451
Level 7

I've tried the email samples, but it doesn't allow me to attach one of the files.

0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

add password to archive and then add the files... then send via email do not forget the proper subject line

FALSE:

Prefix the email subject line with the word FALSE. For example:

FALSE: In-house file being detected by McAfee

0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Once that is done.. please run

Getsusp from Getsusp.mcafee.com

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

This was in Home& & Home Office / Live Support. It properly belongs in Security Awareness, so I've moved it there into Home User Assistance. One of those files though is being detected as an Artemis, and that may need a separate post in the Artemis section.

0 Kudos