cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larry
Level 7

McAfee+Artemis false positive

How I can send the clean file, who's false detected as a virus by the software McAfee+Artemis?

I can't find the solution in your knowledge base.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee+Artemis false positive

See this post for suggestions.

http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi

The  best way to submit potential falses is as follows:

If you believe a false detection or misclassification has occurred with a particular file, use the steps below to submit the sample in question to McAfee Labs for review.

When analysis of the sample is complete, one of the following will occur:

* The sample is considered clean, detection is suppressed and will be updated in the earliest DAT release.

* The sample is misclassified, reclassification will occur and detection will be updated in the earliest DAT release.

* Analysis of the file determines that the sample is properly detected. The customer will be notified of the results.

*False Positive Submission Procedure:*

1. When submitting a sample, send it to the McAfee Labs Virus Research mailbox: virus_research@avertlabs.com (mailto:virus_research@avertlabs.com)

2. All false positive samples should have the word *FALSE* in the subject line. Example subject line:

*FALSE: In-house file being detected by McAfee*

1. Ensure that you include the On Access / On Demand Scan log files of the McAfee product along with the DAT and engine versions in use at the time. Also, include any other relevant information regarding why you believe the file has been incorrectly detected. This information will be helpful during our analysis of the sample. Example email message:

*NOTE:* Failure to supply all of the information requested above may result in delays in the analysis process.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Neha

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi Larry,

Please let us know if you were able to submit the sample to virus_research@avertlabs.com, any help please let me know.

Regards

Neha

0 Kudos
Larry
Level 7

Thanks for your effort.

I have try sent the file to virus_research@avertlabs.com, but I haven't any responce.

However I have sent my file to fix false positive in the software 'McAfee-GW-Edition'. I receive the responce and my file not detected by McAfee-GW-Edition as yet. But I haven't any responce from the mail virus_research@avertlabs.com.

My Analysis ID: 5737274

Thanks for your attention...

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi Larry,

Thank you for submiiting the file, I tested and further suppressed Artemis, please allow 30minutes and this false will no longer trigger on your system.

Feel free to contact me further for any query or concern.

Regards

0 Kudos
Larry
Level 7

Neha, thank you. You're the best. 

0 Kudos