cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Malware: Random ads playing

You're welcome.  Basically what we do if the tools at hand aren't sufficient is steer people via Hijackthis or a DDS scan to independent anti-malware forums for assistance as we don't handle those reports here, unless of course the poster is willing to pay McAfee for their professional virus removal, which is their choice of course.

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

Our Challenge is to provide support to customers for all those complicated infections through the Forums by looking the Symptoms and Log files of the tools.. 

Highlighted

kuttus wrote:

Our Challenge is to provide support to customers for all those complicated infections through the Forums by looking the Symptoms and Log files of the tools.. 

Of course, but as f ar as logs and suchlike are concerned, those should be handled off this board.

Highlighted

OK, well if you guys are now down with your 'peeing' contest and what's allowed or not allowed on the forums... I've given up on support here. I've reformatted my hard drive fdisk does wonders.

Thanks for the very limited support Ex_Brit.

You could have taken this offline and not spammed my post.

Highlighted

What on Earth are you talking about?   A user was recommending steps that involved unknown sources that's all we were concerned about and that's McAfee rules not mine, and I did suggest a whole bunch of tools courtesy of the last link in my signature.

It most certainly wasn't a peeing contest as you termed it.   Well as you obviously don't sppreciate help I'm out of this thread.   Maybe someone else wants to try.  We Moderators are just volunteers here you know and sometimes I wonder why we bother.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/07/12 8:58:28 EDT PM
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 16 of 19

Highlighted

kuttus wrote:

Please check it out......

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/sound-clip s-virus/d56dbb38-b0...

That's fine to suggest whatever you think is best there as it's Microsoft's own website and glad you are willing to assist people.  I'm sure they are grateful.

All the best.

I bet it's a rootkit infection Does McAfee have a rootkit removal utility?

Highlighted

They do and they are all on their download pages or courtesy of the last link in my signature.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/07/13 11:51:48 EDT AM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community