cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dianabarrett
Level 7

Mafee will not directly open and when it does it will not scan.

McAfee Total Protection is the security center on my computer. Recently a virus or malware has attacked my computer. McAfee now will not open via it's shortcut on the desktop, only through program files can it sometimes be opened. When it last opened I tried to run a scan but immediatly after starting there was a scan error and the scan ended.

My Computer has ben attacked by pop-ups, very slow performance speed, Low virtal Memory messages, redirects, etc. , all witch are signs of malware.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Mafee will not directly open and when it does it will not scan.

Please review the suggestions in this document which will help you to get your computer back to normal. Please try the Stinger scan mentioned in the document and make sure your windows is updated.

If nothing is getting resolved try this http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php download the free version to a usb stick on a non infected pc and rename the download and installation files to something you can easily remember. Install the program and check for the latest updates and then run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

Let us know if we would need to proceed further

0 Kudos