cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etienne2020
Level 7

MULTIPLE VIRUS SCAN PROBLEMS, NEED HELP PLS

I switched ip's and am having trouble dl the comcast supplied vs. It says it requires 256 ram and I have 256

so i do not understand why it would not install. it is an older dell laptop that i use just now and then and when my desktop is

needing service.

My nephew got on my desktop to

watch tv shows and after that my pc has some sort of virus. I had the mcafee installed on the pc but it would

not let my internet work so i uninstalled it, yes bad move, and now the desktop is heavily infested.

I am wondering if anyone else has ip supplied vs and how i can get it installed.

will comcast mail a cd? I was able to get to the mcafee website and dl their free 90 day trial

but it would not run on my desktop.

i believe one virus is feedbag and the other poses as a security center, offering to 'clean' the pc for 49.95

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: MULTIPLE VIRUS SCAN PROBLEMS, NEED HELP PLS

256mb is really the limit and you are asking for issues if it's not increased soon, especially with todays applications demanding more and more resources.  We Mods recommend at least 500mb.

Try the free versions of these two applications, update them before running and let them clean everything they find and reboot if asked to.

SuperAntiSpyware

MalwareBytes

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/7/09 10:41 AM
0 Kudos
etienne2020
Level 7

ty for the info about the ram.

what do i do with my desktop that has a virus and will not even allow those two free

vs programs to run?

do I need a disc or is there a way to download those programs and install/run them with the virus?

0 Kudos
secured2k
Level 11

Please try this "QuickScan" that I created. It should takes about 10 minutes to scan and clean key areas of your computer using McAfee VirusScan. It will download and update and run without needing to be installed. When it is done, a log file will be shown. Please post the contents of that log file.

QuickScan

0 Kudos