cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel Phantom Typing

There are 2 PCs on our environment where we encounter phantom typing (phantom typing is where you are away from the keyboard and yet "something" are still typing random characters in excel)

This happens when for example a user is currently working on her spreadsheet and then her boss called so she has to take the call, but then after several minutes of talking to her boss and her PC being idle..she saw that some random characters are being typed "automatically"

We have VSE 8.7i with Patch 3 and ASE 8.7 with complete OS patches and SPs. Performed a series of FULL scans and command line scans and found nothing.

Also, tried using Brand new keyboards and still experience the same issue.

Please advise.

I don't want to explain to my boss that there is a ghost in the office

1 Reply
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: MS Excel Phantom Typing

Phantom typing can be linked to Voice Recognition software in Windows (or Office).

Perhaps a MS technote like http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306537 may provide some pointers.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community