cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lando.gen-help to remove

HI,

Please help me to get rid of this virus, which pops up every now and then and also has made my system considerably slower. I have tried scanning in safe mode, have tried the stinger also, but nothing is of use. Please help how to remove this virus.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Jubo
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lando.gen-help to remove

Please also posts more details about your computer. Like which version of Windows is installed. Which version of McAfee's software and whether both products are up-to-date. Did you check Microsoft's Update website? What was the result? Are you logged into Windows as "administrator" or as limited user? This document might be an interestign read: "Hot Tip:  Don’t surf as an ‘Administrator’"

What steps did you try to resolve the problem, apart from running the Stinger program? A good program to run is the Anti-Malware from MalwareBytes. Download and run the free version.

Other good program you might want to try is the Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool,

Let us know how it goes...

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community