cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIGHTFX.DLL RDN/Generic.RP

Hello, there's a game that I want to play on multiplayer, and to play multiplayer in said game I need to have all the required files, and every time I boot it up, McAfee says that its malware, according to VirusTotal, 7 out of 66 antiviruses detect it as a virus, McAfee says that it's a "RDN/Generic.RP" or an "JTI/Suspect.196612!66b3af90c123", but I'm pretty sure that it's a false positive, and i've tried excluding it but it will appear on the quarantine anyways, any help?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
McAfee Employee sovanpratihar
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: LIGHTFX.DLL RDN/Generic.RP

Yes, it could possibly be a false positive. Could you submit a copy of the file to our labs team and share the submission ID here?

Refer the link https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68030 

It would help is you can share the scan log showing detection.

I do not have an account on the Service Portal and I don't know how to get a Grant Number, what do I do?
McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hi TwinTurbo,

If you are using our consumer products, please check out the following page:

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102053

Thanks!

i´ve got the same problem at my new Photoshop version. What can I do to be really safe?

McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hello Valwolannes,

I would recommend following the same steps as above to submit the file(s) as a suspected false positive.

Thanks!

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!