Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Key Find / V9 Portal

Jump to solution

My internet has been hacked by Key Find which has now changed its name to V9 Portal. It got through all my McAfee software and now they will fix it if I pay for viraus removal. I cannot afford that - I had to save for their software as I live on disability.  Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of this. There are lots of suggestions on the internet but I have yet to find one that works and I won't download files for the risk of getting another virus and making it worse.  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.  Linda

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Key Find / V9 Portal

Jump to solution

OK don't panic.  Most A/V companies charge for professional virus removal but usually there is a free way of dealing with it too.

Unfortunately no antivirus software is perfect so further steps are sometimes necessary,

Try this one:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/v9-portal-site-removal/

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

OK don't panic.  Most A/V companies charge for professional virus removal but usually there is a free way of dealing with it too.

Unfortunately no antivirus software is perfect so further steps are sometimes necessary,

Try this one:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/v9-portal-site-removal/

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Just wanted to send a quick thank you. The first step seemed to correct the problem but followed all four just in case and sll seems to be running great!

Jump to solution

That's great.  All the best 😉

Jump to solution

I already posted the portal remove steps and now here;s the recommended one for Key Find:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/key-find-com-virus/

Some tools are good and others not so much., but that one is OK.

Edit by Hayton : This post was in reply to a post which has been deleted. See next post for details.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 04/05/14 18:49:20 IST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

The post from user mandycrise has been deleted. It contained a hidden link to a site (doohelp-dot-com) which contains several prominent "Download This" buttons but does not say what will be downloaded. In fact what will be downloaded is SpyHunter, a program from Enigma Software of dubious worth which the company still (after several years) will not allow to be tested by AV-Soft against other anti-malware programs.

SpyHunter is, in addition, a product which has to be purchased. There is no free version.

Some complaints against SpyHunter can be seen at http://www.scambook.com/company/view/32868/SpyHunter

A post by "noknojon", #3 in this thread from BleepingComputer, puts the case against SpyHunter succinctly.

A hidden link to a dodgy website promoting a dubious non-free product in a post from a first-time poster is enough to classify this as forum spam.

The user will be banned.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 04/05/14 19:20:36 IST

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I missed that hidden link...and I did scan the post, I guess my cursor must have jumped over whatever it was.

My apologies.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/05/14 2:19:17 EDT PM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community