Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelus
Level 7

JV/Blacole-FGG!23C... + JS/Redirector.u

Jump to solution

Hi,

yesterday, my PC was infested, by visiting a website, by JS/Redirector (immediately destected and blocked by McAfee) and JV/Blacole-FGG!23C... (detected and deleted this morning after an analisis). Before, I have placed an order on www.amaz....com. Do you think there's a risk for my credit cards data?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: JV/Blacole-FGG!23C... + JS/Redirector.u

Jump to solution

Moved to Malware Dicsussion for better attention.  Once it's cleaned I would change any passwords for banking sites just in case.    Also see this thread for some hints:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/45042

See the last link in my signature below and run both Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, keep the latter free by not accepting the trial offer.

If you use Java in your browser(s) make sure that only one Java engine is installed in your programme list in Control Panel, and that it is the latest one.

Likewise make sure all other software is up to date along with your operating system.   Also keep Internet Explorer totally up to date even if you don't use it as many programmes do.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/03/13 9:34:57 EDT AM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Moved to Malware Dicsussion for better attention.  Once it's cleaned I would change any passwords for banking sites just in case.    Also see this thread for some hints:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/45042

See the last link in my signature below and run both Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, keep the latter free by not accepting the trial offer.

If you use Java in your browser(s) make sure that only one Java engine is installed in your programme list in Control Panel, and that it is the latest one.

Likewise make sure all other software is up to date along with your operating system.   Also keep Internet Explorer totally up to date even if you don't use it as many programmes do.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/03/13 9:34:57 EDT AM
0 Kudos
angelus
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! Your explanations were clear and I checked: my computer is ok.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

That's great.  Good luck ;-)

0 Kudos