cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTI/Suspect.1966(...) Threat?

Today, after McAfee did one of its scheduled analysis, I got the usual notification, but this time something was detected. It's in the category of "Virus or other threat" and that made me quite unsettled. The file is now in quarantine but not knowing what this is exactly makes me feel even more paranoid than what I already am. 
The full name of it is :       JTI/Suspect.196612!5ec106220b0e
And the file is TwitchClient.exe, which is in my Program Files on my AMD folder (makes me confused why this was detected now), more specifically AMD\CNext\CNext\twitch\TwitchClient.exe
I don't even know what that CNext folder is about.
I already tried to seach about it but can't find anything about this one in particular. 
Can anyone please help?

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: JTI/Suspect.1966(...) Threat?

Hello,

JTI Suspect could mean that the file behaves strange but it is not definitely malicious. Nowadays you would see such detections under Artemis!.. name.

Regarding the file you mentioned, I could not verify if that is exactly the same file but you can upload yours to check if it reports any detections:

53d4624a9427c5e7fc1110c1b4c94729daa6c2b270d2d80eb426bdf0cf843226

I would advise you to run Autoruns and GetClean on your machine too.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: JTI/Suspect.1966(...) Threat?

Excuse me I meant GetSusp not GetClean

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community