cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargothic
Level 7

Infected file not detected by mcafee lifesafe: Artemis!71A0BD971A2C @ VirusTotal

I Have an infected file on a system at home pc.

when you check the infected file by virustotal.com it will be detected by mcafee as artemis.

when you do a scan it doesn't detect it , also right click on file and choose scan , no virus found.

What could be wrong ?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Infected file not detected by mcafee lifesafe

Have you checked the Quarantine folder, maybe it's already there?

Open the user interface and then click Navigation.

Scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted Items

However VirusTotal should also mention exactly what McAfee product detects it as Artemis...which by the way simply means unknown so it could easily be fine.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Ooops again Should this be moved to 'Home User Assistance'?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

No problem CD.  Let's leave it here for now.   Actually if the OP would post that Artemis detection number, then we could move it there perhaps?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thanks Makes sense to me.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Are you saying that you have a 'Quarantined' file on your system? If It is listed detected by Virus Total as Artemis. Then you can try these Guide lines/Instructions;  Yet then again have you tried deleting the mentioned detection?

It could very well be a valid Detection. I would suggest using some of these tools listed here:  Start with McAfee Getsusp, enter your Email address under 'Preferences' before scanning. Then I would follow up for a second opinion with Malwarebytes (Free).

To keep Malware bytes Free, follow instructions just before downloading.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
gargothic
Level 7

Hi all, sorry for the late reply

The infected file on my system , according to virustotal mcafee should detect it as Artemis!71A0BD971A2C

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/6a00a1eb8030bf90e4da299a7f2409cec6d175455218dd35fc63b499561b9f77/...

But it doesn't , i checked under Quarantined and Trusted Items but nothing is mentioned in section "items in quarantaine" or "trusted items".

I installed emisoftware anti-malware and it detects it as malware, so it's remarkable that McLifesafe doesn't detect it before.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Well as I said, the fact that it's Artemis doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but in this case it looks like it is.

If it isn't detected by your software then by all means submit it to the labs:  Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Infected file not detected by mcafee lifesafe: Artemis!71A0BD971A2C @ VirusTotal

Thread moved to Artemis Discussion and the header altered accordingly.

gargothic
Level 7

Re: Infected file not detected by mcafee lifesafe: Artemis!71A0BD971A2C @ VirusTotal

Thnx

0 Kudos