cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infected by FakeAlert Trojan

Jump to solution

My Windows XP PRO PC was recently infected with trojan malware which McAfee Antivirus shows as   FakeAlert-FAB!90E9619148D0

McAffee reported that it  quarantined the trojan from this location:...\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\17424164.exe googling for

In Googling for FakeAlert-FAB!90E9619148D0 I don't find any hits for that exact name. I DO find many other sites for FakeAlert-AB .....

1. Is this a brand new trojan?

2. Are these numbers  90E9619148D0   and  17424164  randomly generated while the trojan is being installed?

3. and the most important question - How can I remove this malware?

Thanks for any ideas. John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Infected by FakeAlert Trojan

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, vinrod.

I took it to a computer repair shop. They used malwarebytes and other tools o remove Fakelert and also a downloader that McAfee never intercepted.

I'm using AVG now but I'm not sure it is better. John

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Right click McAfee and select update.. once the updates are installed-- boot to safe mode and scan the machine..

once done..boot to normal mode and download Getsusp tool from this forum and run and report back

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, vinrod.

I took it to a computer repair shop. They used malwarebytes and other tools o remove Fakelert and also a downloader that McAfee never intercepted.

I'm using AVG now but I'm not sure it is better. John

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community