cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danii
Level 9

IE pop ups when I only use Firefox are redirecting browser/ bad adware problem

I posted last week and did not get any help. I use Firefox only (Vista 32). In only one of three user ID's on my machine  when I go on Firefox after a few minutes pop ups come up for different things saying on the top bar....."Internet Explorer powered by Dell" and whatever the ad happens to be. I have never ever use IE....EVER!

Then I try to go to a major website like CNN and it redirects or white screens and says done.

McAfee and Malwarebytes say my machine is clean. I have been updating and scanning all week and it says the machine is clean.

What do I do before this spreads to the other user ID's..........should I use superantispyware????

What is going on with McAfee????

Please help.

other people Please do not hijack this thread.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Danii
Level 9

Re: IE pop ups when I only use Firefox are redirecting browser/ bad adware problem

Superantispyware took care of this problem in about 20 minutes.  Anyone that uses it beware of the 1 false positive registry item it returns........ other than this it cleaned my machine of something McAfee and MB could not and did it very quickly.

Why don't you give them a call, McAfee?

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Re: IE pop ups when I only use Firefox are redirecting browser/ bad adware problem

SuperAntiSpyware is one of the reliable standby tools for clearing up infections. Nice to see it worked in your case - but did you make a note of whatever it was that it found and cleaned? If there's a log file, you might find it recorded there. Then we can, if necessary, tell the tech guys what to include in the next DAT release.

0 Kudos
Danii
Level 9

I will try to find the log file and then post it here. Since I'm new to Superantispyware let me see where it may be located, then I will come back and post when I have a minute.

Thanks

0 Kudos