cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ripfern
Level 7

I need help removing Vista Security which is a malware. Any ideas?

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ripfern
Level 7

Re: I need help removing Vista Security which is a malware. Any ideas?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  I figured out a way to use Google Chrome which allowed me to get on the internet.  This mallware only stopped Internet Explorer.  From there I downloaded SpyHunter which took care of it.  I guess there's a reason that McAffee didn't stop it but I'm still pretty confused with all the computer stuff.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

This is fake anti-malware and as such fools most antivirus applications into thinking it's OK until it's too late and you've clicked on something which then activates it.

There is an excellent removal guide here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-vista-2010

Scroll down the page as the first links you will see are advertising to help pay for their forums.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/03/11 8:14:16 EST PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Move this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance by the way.

0 Kudos
ripfern
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  I figured out a way to use Google Chrome which allowed me to get on the internet.  This mallware only stopped Internet Explorer.  From there I downloaded SpyHunter which took care of it.  I guess there's a reason that McAffee didn't stop it but I'm still pretty confused with all the computer stuff.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK, glad it's fixed and good luck. ;-)

0 Kudos