cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help fast...

I am new here but I got a virus that keeps rebooting my desktop computer. I use windows XP. The virus is called w32 Koobface.worm.gen.g and then I also have a pop up mcafee that says this program is trying to access the internet. MS RSA PARSER it says its an unknown program. I have followed what they said on mcafee site about going to my computer and then clicking system restore and i did all that but its workign it still reboots back up all the time. Can someone please help me? i also have a system shutdown come up it says it was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

Please help me.
Labels (1)
11 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

RE: I need help fast...

Koobface is contracted through Facebook and/or MySpace.

It's been on the books for a while here: http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_148955.htm

Note under the Removal Tab Additional instructions for ME/XP users.

If it's reappearing it may be trapped in your restore points which are protected from virus scanners by Windows, therefore temporarily disable System Restore and it should be gone.

If that doesn't help download, update and scan using the free versions of these two tools:

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Let them clean everything they find and if told to reboot to complete a removal, do it immediately.

Lastly, make sure that your XP is totally up to date with both critical and non-critical updates using Microsoft Update.

ok but it wont let me install them as it keeps shutting down and freezing up when i try to. it wont let me log onto the internet or anything. i did download them and put them on a usb device but i can not get in installed any other suggestions.
vinod_r2
Level 11
Message 4 of 12

rename it to 123.exe and run it in safemode with networking and see if that helps

Ok thats not working either its telling me i dont have permission and then i did get one installed and that is the malwarebytes it freezes up at 2seconds scanned. Now what do I do?

i can get te malwarebytes to scan but then that pop up comes up and it reboots the system is there anything else i can do to fix my puter? im at a loss here i dont know what else to do. and what is the MS RSa Parser program? does anybody know?

And now I have tried to just abort it before the popup comes up to get rid of some of the spy ware but then it just shuts it down. I dont know what else to do please help
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Sounds like a problem for a computer repair person to look at, do you have access to one?
Highlighted

ok i got it booted up in safe mode to whre i can run the malwarebytes program but when i try to install the other program even on my laptop it comes up with an error. does anyone have a suggestion for that program. this what error it gives me. error 1327 invalid driver F:\ and that is the program Super antispyware.

any suggestions?
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Did Malwarebytes manage to complete a scan? If so has it helped at all?

Don't worry about the other one if it wont install.

I still think this is something that someone physically should take a look at, i.e. a repair shop.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community