cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting trojan detection right near the end of a safe download

Jump to solution

Dear mcafee community

I have been trying to do an update for arma 2 operation arrowhead through steam which i have done before (a very trusted website) but everytime i come to the end of the update it comes up with trojan detected it has been quarantined and no action is required and this file is called RDN/generic.dx!dd3 but the update does not completely finish. If i try to do the update again the exact same trojan is found and quarantined. I know this aram 2 operation arrowhead update is not a threat but i did look up this file and found it is a slight threat. Anyone have any ideas of what is going on, help will be greatly appreciated.

edit: just done a full scan with mcafee and nothing was found if this helps, also does anyone know how to contact mcafee directly?

Thanks

Message was edited by: thepreacher on 03/07/14 07:03:48 CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I keep getting trojan detection right near the end of a safe download

Jump to solution

I believe i found the problem. I was trying to not system restore so I decided I would delete the folder of the game I was trying to download (arma 2 operation arrowhead) and prayed to God and then tried again and BOOM!! no trojan thank you for all the help guys

9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

There has to be a reason for it being Detected. If you feel that it is a False Positive, then you can submit the file/program to McAfee Labs. Follow the Intructions/Guidelines in this thread HERE  During the meantime, I recommend running the Latest McAfee Stinger,Rootkit Remover,Getsusp Tools.Please refer to the (How to use) Guidelines for each tool, before Downloading/Installing.

After running these Superb tools, you may wish to follow up with Malwarebytes (Free) only.

All of these (Free) tools can be found below my Signature (Second Link).

All the Best,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/3/14 8:25:42 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the reply and will give them a go but it is only happening when i download an update that I have downloaded before. I have also run a scan with my mcafee and it found no threats. Should I just run these on my computer rather than particualr files?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

If I do system restore will I lose all my progress on a game if I go before that?

edit: This is because I dont want to lose all my hard work I have done to get to a certain point in my game for something that isnt even on my PC, I hope you can understand

Message was edited by: thepreacher on 03/07/14 07:58:56 CDT
exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Not necessarily as a System Restore works mostly for OS files only, but it's a chance you have to take.   Don't forget to update everything afterwards.

Jump to solution

I believe i found the problem. I was trying to not system restore so I decided I would delete the folder of the game I was trying to download (arma 2 operation arrowhead) and prayed to God and then tried again and BOOM!! no trojan thank you for all the help guys

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad it worked out for you, not sure what happened but at least you're happy now, I hope.  ;-)

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Equally as well, Glad that your issue is solved.

Wishing all the best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help