cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharptooth
Level 7

I have the Sysinternal antivirus - how do I get rid of it?

Jump to solution

How do I remove the Sysinternal antivirus?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k3tg
Level 14

Re: I have the Sysinternal antivirus - how do I get rid of it?

Jump to solution

Have you reviewed the suggestions in this link and ran the stinger scan?

Just curious as to how long you have had this problem? Do you recall your computer having any issues before? Have you ever had any previous security software before?

After following the suggestions in the link and if problem is not yet resolved you might want to try the free version of this
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php You should download this on a non infected pc to a usb stick and rename the download and installation folder to something you can easily remember as virus and malware are written to self protect themselves, so if you rename these files you should be able to get them installed. Once installed check for the latest updates and run the program and let it clean everything it finds and rebbot the computer if you are so prompted to do so.

Let us know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

Have you reviewed the suggestions in this link and ran the stinger scan?

Just curious as to how long you have had this problem? Do you recall your computer having any issues before? Have you ever had any previous security software before?

After following the suggestions in the link and if problem is not yet resolved you might want to try the free version of this
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php You should download this on a non infected pc to a usb stick and rename the download and installation folder to something you can easily remember as virus and malware are written to self protect themselves, so if you rename these files you should be able to get them installed. Once installed check for the latest updates and run the program and let it clean everything it finds and rebbot the computer if you are so prompted to do so.

Let us know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
sharptooth
Level 7

Jump to solution

is the stinger scan through mcafee? I had mcafee installed but the "sysinternal antivirus" disabled it, I believe. No didn't have any issues before.

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

Yes the Stinger scan is from McAfee and the information concerning it is included in the document I posted concerning the virus and malware

0 Kudos
sharptooth
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried the suggestion but I don't see the scan option in safe mode

I tried to download the mcafee program again through the cd

But at the end all I get is

Installation status

security center: failed

blah blah: failed

blah blah: faied

and so on...

I think the sysinternal antivirus is preventing me from dowloading the program properly

0 Kudos