cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jewelnot1
Level 7

I have an active subscription to McAfee and have run a full scan on my PC. The scan results indicate that there are no issues. However, when using Google Chrome, I receive pop-up ads that I cannot turn off. How do I fix this?

I have an active subscription to McAfee and have run a full scan on my PC.  The scan results indicate that there are no issues.  However, when using Google Chrome, I receive pop-up ads that I cannot turn off.  How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: I have an active subscription to McAfee and have run a full scan on my PC. The scan results indicate that there are no issues. However, when using Google Chrome, I receive pop-up ads that I cannot turn off. How do I fix this?

Check Chrome for add-ons that maybe you don't need or want and run AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Free from the last link below

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: I have an active subscription to McAfee and have run a full scan on my PC. The scan results indicate that there are no issues. However, when using Google Chrome, I receive pop-up ads that I cannot turn off. How do I fix this?

If I may add to Ex_Brit,s advice. To keep Malwarebytes (Free) DO NOT accept any Free Trial Offers/or Activate the Pro/Paid Version all throughout the Download/Installation process. This Application is a Excellent (Compliment/On Demand Scanner) to McAfee.  The (Free) Version will suffice, as the RTS Module is not enabled which quite possibly could cause Conflicts.

It is designed to be compatible with Anti-Virus Applications. You can keep on board as a (Second) Opinion Scanner. Simply update before scanning periodically. It detects certain Potentially Unwanted Programs that most Anti-Virus Programs consider (Borderline) .

You may find the following link most informative, please read both articles:

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos