cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe I have a virus / trojan of some sort but Macafee says nothing found

Jump to solution

When I delete files from a fold stored on USB drive after all files have been shred there remains several copies of files with asian text all over them.  They cannot be deleted or shred.  If I close the file in which they are seen they disappear.  If I shred the file folder itself they MAY go away but show up again if I create new folder, add files and shred them (as a test).  Once again they show up.  How do I get rid of these?  I have included a JPG image of the file taken while it was visable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I believe I have a virus / trojan of some sort but Macafee says nothing found

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the information.  I believe I have it controlled or removed now by exposing it then shredding the folder it was in.  In any case it no longer becomes visible when files are shred and I have done lots of tests by copying files then shredding them.  If the problem appears again I will certainly use the information you provided. / Skip

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: I believe I have a virus / trojan of some sort but Macafee says nothing found

Jump to solution

You should be capable of deleting from your Quarantined items?  However you can try some of these Superb Free Applications. Preferably Malwarebytes (Free) and Malwarebytes AdwCleaner.

Here;

Let us know if this resolves your concerns please.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the information.  I believe I have it controlled or removed now by exposing it then shredding the folder it was in.  In any case it no longer becomes visible when files are shred and I have done lots of tests by copying files then shredding them.  If the problem appears again I will certainly use the information you provided. / Skip

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Moved from  SecurityCenter to Home User Assistance >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community