cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall ClickPotato mess "no right permissions"

Jump to solution

Hello How to uninstall ClickPotato because the message appear : even with the adminoistrator progfile !

mess clickPotato.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 11

Re: How to uninstall ClickPotato mess "no right permissions"

Jump to solution

No antivirus application is 100% guaranteed to catch everything that's out there.  It's always wise to carry some extra anti-malware applications as well, such as the one I recommended which works well as a supplement to any antivirus.

If you want to go to all the trouble of living with the infection for a few days longer then you can try submitting it for analysis by McAfee Laboratories:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

Or you can join this private group and download a special tool that they will give you expressly for this purpose:  https://community.mcafee.com/groups/getsusp30-beta-feedback

10 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance as a more appropriate spot as ClickPotato is malware.

What is your operating system and service pack?

The first thing you could try is to use System Restore to revert to before it was a problem, have you tried that.  If successful make sure to update Windows and McAfee and any other time-sensitive applications afterwards.

If that's no good......

Do all of the following in 'Safe Mode with Networking' reached by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and choosing it from the ensuing menu, usually #2 on the menu.

Go HERE and download the FREE version, update it and then run a full scan.  Let it remove anything it finds and reboot if asked to immediately.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/03/11 11:43:48 EDT AM

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english.

but, I don't understant why mcafee can not remove the program ? and why iI need to install something else that my mcafee pack 3-User McAfee Total Protection

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

No antivirus application is 100% guaranteed to catch everything that's out there.  It's always wise to carry some extra anti-malware applications as well, such as the one I recommended which works well as a supplement to any antivirus.

If you want to go to all the trouble of living with the infection for a few days longer then you can try submitting it for analysis by McAfee Laboratories:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

Or you can join this private group and download a special tool that they will give you expressly for this purpose:  https://community.mcafee.com/groups/getsusp30-beta-feedback

Highlighted
newjack
Level 12
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Peter is correct.Unfortunatly no 1 antivirus will catch everything.You should have a layered approach for your computers security.You may also download theis program called Hitman pro.

It has a 30 day free trial.Hitman uses 5 cload based antivirus scanners.So you would have the advantage of 5 opinions.Since it is a trial offer.You will have to reun then when the files are Qaurantined.Click on the tab to use trial to activate.http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro    If you do use this and it works.You may want to download malwarebytes to keep on your desktop for future use.This is a great 2nd opinion scanner.

Good luck,newjack

Jump to solution

Thanks also Newjack I appreciate your help to. But I thought to take McAfee will be better than avast but now I'm wondering because if I have to buy malware and hitman... Why should I took Mcafee McAfee Total Protection...

Have a nice day

Terry

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter for your help ; I do the Malwarebytes on my PC and it get off the "CLICKPOTATO"

I appreciate your help

Terry

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

OK, good luck 😉

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/03/11 3:16:01 EDT PM
newjack
Level 12
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

That's good.As a recomendation I would keep Malwarebytes on your computer.Just update it before using and you now have some extra protection.There are some other good small programs that dont take up alot of space.Like spywareblaster.This is not a scanner but protects your homepage and host files.If you download just update,enable and click system snapshot button from the main interface to create a host file back up in case of hijack.You can dowload that from this Mcafee article here.If you want.

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Message was edited by: newjack on 3/20/11 3:20:25 PM EDT

Jump to solution

Thanks I wiil follow your advice

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community