cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyjoe
Level 7

How to stop Potentially Unwanted Program Block notifications?

I recently have been getting notifications from McAfee Security Center of "Potentially Unwanted Program Blocked"--in particular, files related to EnhanceTronic, an ad malware. When choose remove, the notification keeps returning.

I uninstalled EnhanceTronic on Windows 7 control panel, but the notifications keep coming. How can I stop them? They are very distracting and take up a sizable portion of my screen. I just turned off the firewall and real time scan to see if this stops them, but that's not the answer.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: How to stop Potentially Unwanted Program Block notifications?

Please try the following Removal Guide:Remove EnhanceTronic Ads (Virus Removal Guide)

Please turn your Firewall,and Real time Scanning back on as it leaves you susceptible to infection.

I might add in addition, before running the (Removal Guide) Download/Install/Run McAfee Getsusp. Please enter your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning. This will add the Detections to the McAfee Database,for future Engine Versions/Dats. This Superb Tool can be found in the following Link: http://downloadcenter.mcafee.com/products/mcafee-avert/GetSusp/GetSusp.exe

Edited:By Catdaddy 9/21/2014

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

This appears to be some type of adware or malware and it is a nuisance to say the least. There is a suggested removal guide for it but I was not able to find it but will continue to look for it. I will get back to you soon.

Tom K3TG

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

I now see Catdaddy has responded to you with the guide I was looking for. I may have had an intermittent server issue trying to find it but in any event Catdaddy has got you on the right path to get rid of the problem.

Good Luck & Thank You Catdaddy

Tom K3TG

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Anytime..Tom.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved this to Home User Assistance as a better spot for it.

0 Kudos