cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to stop McAfee from Quarauntining something it THINKS is a virus/infected?

The file is RPG Maker MV ( Which I just bought for $80, I had been using the trial version no problem and tons of other people use the program. It is not a virus and if I can't figure this out then I'M out $80.) 

It keeps being quarantined and every time I restore it McAfee just puts it right back into quarantine.

I'm getting super frustrated cause I've been trying to fix this for about an hour by searching online and got nothing but a thread that didn't work.

Please someone help because I don't know what else to do, every time I restore the file it gets quarantined again and I'm trying to figure this out but I just can't...

I can run the program for like a minute but then it closes and I get a stupid little pop up from McAfee saying it saved my computer or something then this is what I see in quarantine (Picture) or something similar to that OR the actual "RPGMV" file.

example of it being stupid.png

And no one dare tell me to look at this thread:   Because IT DOESN'T WORK. It's way too complicated for me right now because I apparently can't put a file in a zip folder the right way. I keep getting this back: "550: Denied by Policy"

8 Replies

Re: How to stop McAfee from Quarauntining something it THINKS is a virus/infected?

I moved this from Community Support >  Malware Discussion > Home User AssistanceDiscussions

Could you please try submitting the file to *Virus Total* and provide the MD5 Hashes?

We may be able to be of assistance. I can contact someone from the labs on your behalf.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Re: How to stop McAfee from Quarauntining something it THINKS is a virus/infected?

I don't know how to do that. How do I submit the file anywhere and what are MD5 Hashes??

Take the file detected on your system and submit it to be analyzed.

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Okay the actual exe file "Cylance" says "unsafe" while the installation file has "Rising  Malware.Heuristic!ET#89% (rdm+)"

So that means there's a virus in the files? How do I get around that but still use the program??

Could you help me get the McAfee program to not see the file/program as a virus? White list it or something? Is there an option on the actual McAfee application I could click to do that???

Post the link to the VT scan and 1 of us will escalate the detection. If they (the techs) say it is a virus you need to contact the makers. If false they will white list the file.

post links to both file scans please

Hi Friend,

You've probably solved this by now, but just in case...

I recently bought RPGMV and ran into the exact same problem,

If you Open your McAfee application and click the settings icon, there should be an option for 'Real-time Scanning', Click it.

You don't have to turn off Real-time Scanning, but there is an option here to 'Exclude Files' from the scan, I added RPGMV.exe to that list, and the application now works fine.

5a9c1873fea64637f9bc7b5670c59af7.png

Obviously this means that there is a slight risk (on the small chance the file is actually infected) as the file isn't going to be stopped by your antivirus scans, but I believe it's a false flag anyway as many people have reported this happening yet no one has actually had problems with RPGM itself.

Hope this helps a little

Peace

Previously doing this to a detected file failed as Mcafee blocked you doing this. The recent changes have allowed this though it should warn you might be taking a change . Really you should accept a few days delay and submit the file for review.as mentioned above.