cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove shortcut virus removel from my pc?

I have installed macafee total protection but it not able to detect the USB shortcut virus.And also it not able to detect any virus how to solve and remove the virus

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to remove shortcut virus removel from my pc?

From what i have read this not detected by many scanners. There are several sites posting fixes 1 such fix is

How to Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive / USB Drive.

If your USB drive doesn’t have important files you can try to Format it, but if it contains important files then you are not going to format it, to Remove Shortcut Virus follow the Steps Below.

Step 1. Go to Start and Search for cmd, as  it appears in start menu Right Click on it and Click “Run as Administrator

Step 2. Navigate to Flash Drive by typing its letter. [ Let’s Say it is i ], to find your USB drive letter open “My Computer” and check for letter, type i: and hit enter.

Step 3. Type ” del *.lnk ” (without quote) in cmd window and Hit Enter on your Keyboard.

Step 4. Now type ” attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d /l ”  ( without quote ) and hit Enter .

This from https://www.itechfever.com/remove-shortcut-virus/

I would download and run getsusp and submit the .lnk files this will warn Mcafee of the file and hopefully detect it in a future dat

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

You can also use this reputable Removal Guide for a All-in-one Removal Of Adware/Browser Hi-jackers/etc.

Especially the Zemana Anti-Malware Tool

How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Monday
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise has always done  the job right, use that one

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to Home User Assistance

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

You can remove shortcut virus from your pendrive, PC by using command and Removed Download link tool.

I have a simple easy method you can follow these method, certainly you virus will be removed from your pc and pendrive.

My Link - Removed Download link

1. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
  2. Click on the Processes tab, find ".exe". Select it and then click End Process.
  3. Open Run dialog box (Win + R key), type regedit. This will open the Registry Editor.
  4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Run. Look for a registry key named odwcamszas, Delete it.

YOU BECOME SAD WHEN YOU SEE YOUR IMPORTANT FILE BECOME AS SHORTCUT FILE IN YOUR PC, DESKTOP ETC. YOU HAVE TO IMMEDIATE REMOVE THIS FILE FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

Why this shortcut occurs in your pc?

1. your antivirus is not able to update its programme
  2. Pendrive use without scanning from antivirus
  3. download third party resource without the scan
  4. uses your driver on someone else computer which contains the virus.

there is 3 type of shortcut virus mainly the driver, file, and folder

use CMD command method.to remove it. the steps as follow

• Open CMD (command prompt). [Go to Run -> type CMD ->Hit enter]
  • Type the name of your drive or removal drive and a colon after it and hit enter. [Example:- e:]
  • Now type:attrib -h -r -s /s /d e:\*.*(Replace e: with the drive name of your drive)
  • Press enter.

Nowadays shortcut Virus is a major problem for pc users, especially for those who use removable media like Pendrive and other kinds of devices. That's why today here I tell you "How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive". 

There are 2 different methods available to remove shortcut virus from your pendrive and pc.  But here we just talk about how to remove shortcut virus through McAfee.  So without further delay lets get started.

1. At first, go and open McAfee official website and download free trial version.
  2. Then install it on your pc and active free trial..
  3. Then Open Mcafee and Scan your affected drive.
  4. wait until complete scan.
  5. After complete scan restart you pc and see there are no shortcut virus available .
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.