cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thiago
Level 9

How to know when a probe was included in the Artemis technology.

Jump to solution

Hi people,

How do I know when a certain detection technology was included in the Artemis? Detection is the "Artemis! 8DF3E1E24197 (virus).

Grateful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nchattop
Level 12

Re: How to know when a probe was included in the Artemis technology.

Jump to solution

Hi Thiago,

We handle Artemis escalations, you can always escalate to us in future if you have SR#. (Service Request No.) or send us a sample for analysis, in a password-protected ZIP file (password - infected) to virus_research@avertlabs.com
You can find detailed instructions for how to do this at <http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx>

Currently I have suppressed Customer's false triggered file.

McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system.

Regards

Message was edited by: neha chattopadhyay on 2/5/10 2:14:53 PM CST
0 Kudos
6 Replies
nchattop
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hello Thiago,

Thank you for contacting us.

to know more about the Artemis Technology, please visit this link: http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee_labs/gti_artemis.html

I also checked the detection name: Artemis! 8DF3E1E24197, the file is related to [http://www.ivirtua.com/] (Tzo agent driver),

Please let us know how we may help you further? would you like us to suppress Artemis for the current file?

Thanks & Regards

Message was edited by: neha chattopadhyay on 2/5/10 12:51:59 PM CST
0 Kudos
thiago
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Neha,

As a matter of fact, we need help because we have a customer (12.000 clients) that use both products (McAfee and Trauma Zero), and since last 02 weeks, Artemis of VirusScan 8.7i (On-Access) is detecting SETUP.EXE of Trauma Zero as a malware and deleting the file.

We have a closed  case ate McAfee´s Support Team, because of this issue…

How can we solve this kind of ´false-positive´ detected by Artemis?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Thiago,

We handle Artemis escalations, you can always escalate to us in future if you have SR#. (Service Request No.) or send us a sample for analysis, in a password-protected ZIP file (password - infected) to virus_research@avertlabs.com
You can find detailed instructions for how to do this at <http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx>

Currently I have suppressed Customer's false triggered file.

McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system.

Regards

Message was edited by: neha chattopadhyay on 2/5/10 2:14:53 PM CST
0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Thiago,

Please let me know if the issue got fixed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
thiago
Level 9

Jump to solution
Hi Neha,

The files are being collected to send to laboratories of McAfee, so I have the ID in hand analysis I will follow what you showed me.

Grateful in advance for your attention.
0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Jump to solution

Thats gr8, let me know if you would like me to check the Analysis ID

Thanks

0 Kudos