Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to get rid of "Win 7 Total Security 2011" ???

As the title says, I have a computer infected with "Win 7 Total Security 2011".  In searching the web I find it to be well known and quite invasive.  It's won't let me browse to the internet or do much of anything - it intercepts and wants me to register the "poduct".  My computer is Win7/32 bit.

Rather surprized my up-to-date McAfee did not prevent this.  Did a full scan - McAfee does not detect - check to see my McAfee is up-to-date, it is.

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: How to get rid of "Win 7 Total Security 2011" ???

None of the majhor anitvirus applications will have much effect against these fake anti-malware applications.

If you have the time and patience you could try a special tool that McAfee has developed caleed 'GetSusp'.

You have to go to the GetSusp Group to get the latest version and apparently they are now having a lot of success especially with all these new and prolific fake anti-malware threats.

Membership is not required.  You can also find support for it in that group and provide feedback.  The actual download is available HERE.

There is an excellent removal guide here:

Scroll down that page as the first links you will see there are all advertising links.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/04/11 4:10:36 EDT PM
0 Kudos