cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cantrell5575
Level 7

How to get rid of Win32/Kovter.C!reg

McAfee wants me to pay them to rid of this:    Trojan:  Win32/Kovter.C!reg   and   Rogue:   JS/FakeCall.D

How did this get on my Win 7 desktop?

How to get rid of them?

They promise protection & satisfaction.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: How to get rid of Win32/Kovter.C!reg

Moved from Security Center > Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance > Discussions

By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

These indeed are two 'Nasties'  You may try following these Guidelines/Instructions How to remove the Kovter Trojan (Removal Guide)

I would also try running the Latest McAfee Stinger (Read how to use) followed up by running Malwarebytes (Free) Both of these Superb (Free) programs and more can be obtained from this link:

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

cantrell5575 wrote:

McAfee wants me to pay them to rid of this:    Trojan:  Win32/Kovter.C!reg   and   Rogue:   JS/FakeCall.D

How did this get on my Win 7 desktop?

How to get rid of them?

They promise protection & satisfaction.

The paid removal service is what they always recommend if you call support, but there are often free or very cheap tools that will do the job and if not some very clever people at free malware-removal forums.

Take a read of the last link below.   It's lengthy but useful, hopefully.  Also take a read of this thread at a very reliable malware removal forum:  Trojan:WIN32/Kovter.C!reg - Am I infected? What do I do?

You could always ask them after posting a log as they outline there (see the bottom of my link).

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Could you kindly inform us if your issue is resolved?

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos