cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barad
Level 7

How to get rid of MySecurity Shield Pup up? that disabled my McAfee?

Hi!

I need help!!

the McAfee Icon in the bottom of my PC is not there any more, and it is replaced by MySecurity Shield

this new Icon, keeps sending me pop ups to buy MYSECURITY SHIELD products... (I did not buy anything)

I did a FULL SCAN (on safe mode) and McAfee says there is not problems... (but when I do a Virtual technician, its says "services not running)

I can not open the McAfee shortcut on my PC either)

HELP please!!  I wanna get rid of this mysecurity shield (I have no idea.. how it got on my pc  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How to get rid of MySecurity Shield Pup up? that disabled my McAfee?

Moved to Malware Discussions > Home User Assistance.

The best guide on the web on how to deal with this fake anti-malware is here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-my-security-shield

Scroll down the page and don't click those first links you see as they are all advertising.

0 Kudos
sallyx
Level 7

Hi,

I had same problem with Barad and followed the instructions as Ex_Brit advised. Unfortunately the process was ceased at step 11 after MBAM started scanning my computer for malware. It stopped at Objects scanned: 153556 and Objects infected:221 after 1 hours scanning and within the next hour scanning, the status of scanning has not been changed. I don't know what's wrong with this and what should I do to carry on this removal procedures. Please help!

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Scanning can stall for many reasons or it could be that it is merely appearing to be stalled and will eventually complete.  Usual reasons for stalling are a severely corrupted file, often cause by either infection or the use of registry cleaners, which I do not approve of, or hard disk read errors.

Stop the scan if you can and check for disk errors, often the cause.

Also with MBAM it can be run in Safe Mode with Networking....update it before running in that mode.

You should however be asking about MBAM problems on their forums:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

0 Kudos