cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billiam
Level 7

How to get McAfee to not disallow a good application?

Jump to solution

I run Vista. Internet Explorer 9 (Version 9.0.8112.16421IC) is installed, but Chrome is what I'm using.

McAfee Quarantines the file "NASPA Zyzzyva 3.0.4.EXE" in the NASPA Zyzzyva program (Used by tournament Scrabble players)

If I "Restore" it, in a few seconds the file is Quarantined again!

McAfee flags it as "Artemis8DB7F4A6BAF3"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: How to get McAfee to not disallow a good application?

Jump to solution

Hey guys, I fixed this on Monday under this post:

- David

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions What To Do When McAfee Detects Legitimate Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & ...

After a successful submission, you should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs. Associated with it will be a Analysis ID#. Please allow 4-5 business days for it to be analyzed/processed.

To zip it disable teh real time scanner for the time you need to zip and email  then reenable it.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As Colleague stated , since it has been 4-5 business days since your submission. Could you kindly confirm if your issues have been resolved? If the case is that it has not, please post back the associated Analysis ID# with your submission.

We can then contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and expedite the case.

Thank you in Advance,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
billiam
Level 7

Jump to solution

catdaddy

I gave up on McAfee, for now at least, as I needed to use the Zyzzyva program.

I purchased Malwarebytes - it doesn't flag the program as malware

billiam

P.S.  the Analysis ID: 9548599

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you for furnishing the Analysis ID#. I can contact a Engineer from McAfee Labs on your behalf to expedite your issue if you wish?

Wishing you all the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I might add also, that you can still keep Malwarebytes onboard, as long as you disable the (RTS) module. To prevent possible Conflicts/Clashes with your McAfee Software.

Please be informed I just contacted someone on your behalf, and furnished the Analysis ID#. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you kindly confirm that indeed your issues are now resolved? I remember this particular detection now, as there were approx. 7 individuals whom experienced the same Artemis!.

Thank you in Advance,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hey guys, I fixed this on Monday under this post:

- David

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks David ,

I know I said hopefully we will hear something soon...Now that was Quick !!!! Thanks for all you do.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos