Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echo
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How to dump 'mysearchresults.com

Jump to solution

I have acquired a program that I don’t want and can’t remove (mysearchresults) it has taken over from Google my default search for IE9, each time a McAfee pop up warning comes up which I follow but Google just comes of second best.  I have reset Google as default also tried system restore but nothing works. As a last resort I can do a complete DELL restore. Can anyone help with this also where did it come from?
Using Vista Home

Search Result Warning.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to dump 'mysearchresults.com

Jump to solution

It's not really dangerous, more of a nuisance but it could feaibly cause problems unless cleaned out.

There's a good removal guide here:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-mysearchresults-search/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/11/13 5:05:21 EST PM
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

It's not really dangerous, more of a nuisance but it could feaibly cause problems unless cleaned out.

There's a good removal guide here:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-mysearchresults-search/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/11/13 5:05:21 EST PM
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I moved this to a more appropriate area.

Highlighted
echo
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks Ex Brit it took 3 attempts but worked in the end that has saved me a lot of work

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

That's great.   These sorts of things often arrive piggybacked on to other software so always check to make that no added "options" escape being refused when installing stuff.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.