cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apo
Level 7

How to determine what threat name Artemis!680A9C4E7ED5 is?

Received alert from McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Artemis!680A9C4E7ED5. Tried searching Threat Center but nothing found. Is there a database with all the Artemis references and the description about what it is? I would like to lokup the threat name and what it is rather than having to raise a support call with McAfee.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: How to determine what threat name Artemis!680A9C4E7ED5 is?

To answer your question in regards to a 'Data Base', as far as I am aware of, NO. The whole purpose of McAfee detecting the file\program as  'Unknown\Suspicious'. Is simply due to the fact it was not recognized in the Global Threat Intelligence Base as a Threat\Virus.

Which the Labs will proceed to analyze\process the Artemis! to determine if it is indeed malware\or harmless.

Hope this helped,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You may try following these Guidelines\Instructions to resolve your issue:

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you kindly update us on your progress? Did you ever submit the 12 Digit Artemis! following those instructions I inserted? Upon a successful submission, you will receive back a (Analysis ID#). Which if not suppressed in a reasonable amount of time (Generally 4-5 business days).

I can then contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and escalate your case

Please inform us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Due to no further feedback, I am assuming this thread as 'Answered'.

Regards,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Locking this thread.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos